Information intended for UK healthcare professionals only.
This webinar was initiated and commissioned by Accord-UK Ltd and developed in partnership with Guidelines in Practice. See below for full disclaimer.
View the Summary of Product Characteristics for Folic Acid 5mg Tablets; Legal Cat POM; NHS List price 90p
This Guidelines in Practice webinar featured:
Dr James Galloway
Senior Lecturer at King’s College London
Honorary Consultant in Rheumatology at King’s College Hospital
Ms Julie Begum
Specialist Nurse Lead
Luton and Dunstable University Hospital
Click on the individual chapters below to view the section of the recorded webinar:
- Introduction to methotrexate
- Methotrexate in combination
- Case study
- Methotrexate symptoms
- Rheumatoid arthritis lung fibrosis and drug induced lung fibrosis
- Methotrexate and low haemoglobin
- Methotrexate and liver toxicity
- Summary from James Galloway
- Question and discussion: After the first line of treatment for RA, PSA, what criteria would you consider when adding a second DMARD or moving to biologics?
- Question and discussion: Would you expect the monitoring frequency to be continued at this level, going forward, whatever the ‘new’ normal turns out to be?
- Methotrexate is an anchor drug for rheumatoid arthritis and background therapy
- Guidance in rheumatoid arthritis
- Early diagnosis
- Oral versus subcutaneous
- Concomitant medication
- Methotrexate and surgery
- Methotrexate and shared care
- Luton shared care
- Methotrexate and GP assistance
- Methotrexate devices
- Blood tests
- Question and discussion: When we see a patient with multiple joint pains and we suspect RA, should we arrange multiple x-rays?
After watching the full webinar ’Disease-modifying anti-rheumatic drugs (DMARDS) guidelines: a focus on methotrexate guidance in clinical practice’ download your CPD certificate here.
Feedback from live attendees:
- Thank you for the very useful webinar!
- Very enjoyable and educational
- Well organised and time compliant. Have joined webinar for the first time so would be looking forward to joining other teaching webinars.
- Best talks for a while, well done and thank you.
This promotional webinar has been commissioned and funded by Accord-UK Ltd and organised in partnership with Guidelines in Practice. Accord-UK Ltd chose the topic and chose and commissioned the speakers, and has reviewed the scope of the webinar and approved all material related to the webinar. The sponsorship fee paid by Accord-UK Ltd included honoraria for the presenters. The views and opinions of the presenters are not necessarily those of Guidelines in Practice, its publisher, advisers, or advertisers. No part of this webinar may be reproduced in any form.
Adverse events should be reported. Reporting forms and information can be found at www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard. Adverse events should also be reported to Accord-UK Ltd Medical Information on 01271 385257.
Date of preparation: September 2021