Information intended for UK healthcare professionals only. This checklist has been commissioned and funded by Profile Pharma Ltd. See below for full disclaimer.
Implementing the NICE guidance for urinary tract infection (lower): antimicrobial prescribing1 for non-pregnant women without a catheter aged 16 years and over[A]
[A]Refer to the NICE NG109 guideline1 for the full guidance.
If PDF does not load within 5 seconds, please refresh the page.
1. NICE. Urinary tract infection (lower): antimicrobial prescribing. NICE guideline NG109. NICE, 2018. Available at: www.nice.org.uk/guidance/ng109
2. Profile Pharma Limited. Monuril 3g granules for oral solution—summary of product characteristics. May 2021. www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/7329/smpc
3. Heytens S, Boelens J, Claeys G et al. Uropathogen distribution and antimicrobial susceptibility in uncomplicated cystitis in Belgium, a high antibiotics prescribing country: 20-year surveillance. European Journal of Clinical Microbiology & Infectious Diseases 2016; 36 (1): 105–113.
4. Kahlmeter G and Poulsen H. Antimicrobial susceptibility of Escherichia coli from community acquired urinary tract infections in Europe: The ECO•SENS study revisited. International Journal of Antimicrobial Agents 2012; 39 (1): 45–51.
5. Raja NS. Oral treatment options for patients with urinary tract infections caused by extended spectrum βeta-lactamase (ESBL) producing Enterobacteriaceae. J Infect Public Health 2019; 12 (6): 843–846.
This implementation checklist has been commissioned and funded by Profile Pharma Ltd and developed in partnership with Guidelines in Practice. Profile Pharma Ltd suggested the topic and carried out full medical approval to ensure compliance with regulations. The sponsorship fee included an honorarium for the author. NICE was not involved in the development of this checklist, and this checklist does not imply NICE’s endorsement of the sponsoring company’s products. No part of this publication may be reproduced in any form without the permission of the publisher.
Date of preparation: July 2021