The Guidelines Live team explains what delegates can expect at this year’s must-attend event on guidance and best practice in primary care
Read this article to learn more about:
- hot topics on the agenda for Guidelines Live 2021
- how the event supports your continuing professional development
- how to claim one of a limited number of educational bursaries to attend.
This year, Guidelines Live returns in person at ExCeL London on Tuesday 30 November and Wednesday 1 December. Guidelines Live is a must-attend event for the whole primary care team, enabling you to update your knowledge on national guidance, receive practical advice on implementing guidelines in daily practice, and have your guidance-related questions answered by expert speakers.
What to expect from Guidelines Live 2021
Developed in conjunction with GP educators, the agenda focuses on new guidelines and topics requested by past delegates. Expert speakers will provide informative and practical sessions on clinical guidance, incorporating case histories to demonstrate patient outcomes and provoke discussion. They will also examine the long-term impacts of COVID-19 on patient care, the implementation of guidance via remote consultations, and quality-improvement activities for your practice.
Agenda highlights for this year’s event
Hot topics on the agenda at Guidelines Live 2021 include:
- a session from Macmillan within the Primary care recognition and referral stream, entitled The impact of COVID on cancer diagnosis—have the ‘red flags’ changed?
- a Practitioner health session within our Health promotion stream
- sessions on Differential diagnosis of cough within the COPD stream, and Managing ongoing respiratory symptoms after COVID within the Asthma stream.
Cardiovascular streams—both days
For the 2021 event, Guidelines Live is working with the Primary Care Cardiovascular Society to provide two Cardiovascular streams covering a range of topics, including primary care networks and cardiovascular disease prevention, lipid management, and heart failure.
Gastroenterology—Tuesday 30 November
The focus of this stream will be two topics requested by past delegates: managing inflammatory bowel disease, and interpreting and managing abnormal liver blood tests.
Women’s health—Tuesday 30 November
This year, the Women’s health stream will focus on recent updates to the NICE endometriosis guideline, and contraceptive options for women aged over 40 years with reference to changes necessitated by COVID-19.
Diabetes—Wednesday 1 December
Chaired by Dr Kevin Fernando, this stream will focus on the latest guidance on managing diabetes with comorbidities such as chronic kidney disease.
View the detailed agenda online at: guidelineslive.co.uk/2021-agenda.
Supporting continuing professional development
An online template will be provided for delegates to record key learning points and quality‑improvement activities during the sessions. Digital resources from the independent sessions will be available to all delegates after the event, enabling you to extend your learning by reviewing content from sessions you were unable to attend. A certificate of attendance will be provided to all delegates after the event.
Claim your educational bursary
UK-registered healthcare professionals are eligible to claim one of a limited number of educational bursaries, saving you up to £360 (including VAT) on the ticket price—you pay only the registration fee of £48 (including VAT). Book your place online at guidelineslive.co.uk in four easy steps:
- register your details
- select the day(s) you wish to attend
- claim your bursary
- pay the registration fee to secure your place.
Quotes from 2020 delegates
- ‘Very thorough two days. Already changing my practice based on the knowledge received’—Past delegate
- ‘Very useful advice which we can start using immediately, thank you!’—Past delegate
Come to Guidelines Live on Tuesday 30 November and Wednesday 1 December 2021 at ExCeL London to:
- keep up to date with clinical guidelines
- have your guidance-related questions answered by expert speakers
- safeguard your clinical practice by following evidence-based pathways
- support your CPD—reflective templates and certificates provided.
Attend with an educational bursary and save up to £360 (including VAT). Book your place at: guidelineslive.co.uk