Dr Sally Hope presents NICE Guideline 23 on the menopause and the recommendations for managing short-term menopause symptoms
Read the Guidelines summary of NG23 on Menopause: diagnosis and management for more information on managing menopause in primary care
- NICE. Menopause: diagnosis and management. NICE Guideline 23. NICE, 2015. Available at: www.nice.org.uk/guidance/ng23
- Rees M, Purdie D, Hope S. The menopause: what you need to know. Marlow: British Menopause Society, 2006.
- NICE. Menopause: Information for the public. NICE Guideline 23: IFP. NICE, 2015. Available at: www.nice.org.uk/guidance/ng23/ifp/chapter/menopause
- NICE. Osteoporosis—prevention of fragility fractures. NICE Clinical Knowledge Summaries. NICE, 2015. Available at: cks.nice.org.uk/osteoporosis-prevention-of-fragility-fractures
- NICE. NICE Clinical Knowledge Summaries. Menopause. NICE, 2015. Available at: cks.nice.org.uk/menopause
- NICE. Full guideline: Menopause. NICE Clinical Guideline: Methods, evidence and recommendations. NICE, 2015. Available at: www.nice.org.uk/guidance/ng23/evidence/full-guideline-559549261
- NICE. Suspected cancer: recognition and referral. NICE Guideline 12. NICE, 2015. Available at: nice.org.uk/guidance/ng12
- Cancer Research UK. Breast cancer incidence (invasive) statistics. www.cancerresearchuk.org/health-professional/cancer-statistics/statistics-by-cancer-type/breast-cancer/incidence-invasive (accessed 4 February 2016).
- NICE. Early and locally advanced breast cancer: diagnosis and treatment. NICE Clinical Guideline 80. NICE, 2009. Available at: www.nice.org.uk/guidance/cg80
- NICE. Familial breast cancer: classification, care and managing breast cancer and related risks in people with a family history of breast cancer. NICE Clinical Guideline 164. NICE, 2013. Available at: www.nice.org.uk/guidance/cg164
- Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency. Other medicines which may interact with St John's wort. London: MHRA, 2000. Available at: www.mhra.gov.uk/home/groups/comms-ic/documents/websiteresources/con019566.pdf
- Binkhorst L, Mathijssen R, van Herk-Sukel M et al. Unjustified prescribing of CYP2D6 inhibiting SSRIs in women treated with tamoxifen. Breast Cancer Res Treat 2013; 139 (3): 923–929. G