The development and hosting of this resource hub has been commissioned by Roche Diagnostics Limited (Roche). This resource hub contains links to Guidelines and Guidelines in Practice independent educational content, clinical resources, and additional items from Roche, some of which may be promotional in nature.
The algorithm includes text on why self-monitoring for warfarin therapy may be beneficial, criteria for identifying patients who are suitable for self-monitoring therapy, when to review patients, and information on patient education.
The development of this management algorithm has been funded by an educational grant from Roche Diagnostics Ltd. Roche Diagnostics Ltd reviewed the scope and background reading list, and suggested the participants of the algorithm development group. Roche Diagnostics Ltd had the opportunity to comment on the medical content and accuracy of this management algorithm, however, final editorial control has remained with the contributors and Guidelines. The views and opinions of the contributors expressed in this document are not necessarily those of Roche Diagnostics Ltd, or of Guidelines, its publisher, advisers, or advertisers.
Guidelines in Practice checklist
The checklist reproduces the quality statements from NICE Quality Standard 93 on atrial fibrillation and summarises key recommendations from NICE Clinical Guideline 180 and NICE Diagnostics Guidance 14.
Guidelines in Practice approached Roche Diagnostics Ltd to fund the printing costs for this summary sheet. Roche Diagnostics Ltd was not involved in the development of this sheet although it was allowed to review it for technical accuracy. At all times editorial control has remained with Guidelines in Practice.
Guidelines eLearning module
The eLearning module will be useful to all primary healthcare professionals who encounter adult patients with atrial fibrillation who are or may be at risk of stroke, and who might benefit from introduction of self-monitoring of their anticoagulation status.
This eLearning module has been funded by Roche Diagnostics Ltd and developed in partnership with Guidelines.co.uk. Roche Diagnostics Ltd suggested the author for the module and reviewed the module to ensure compliance with appropriate regulations.
Guidelines in Practice webinar
The webinar will help healthcare professionals:
- gain an understanding of NICE QS93 and Diagnostic Guidance 14
- achieve a perspective on how the guidance should be implemented and incorporated into treatment plans
- learn how to perform, analyse, and assess factors involved in anticoagulation control, and become informed on the use of a coagulometer
- understand the implications for patients.
- Atrial fibrillation and the importance of self-monitoring: implementing the NICE quality standard and NICE diagnostics guidance for point-of-care coagulometers
This webinar has been commissioned by Roche Diagnostics Ltd and organised in partnership with Guidelines in Practice. Roche Diagnostics Ltd has reviewed the scope of the workshop, worked with MGP Ltd to choose and commission speakers, and approved all materials related to the webinar. MGP Ltd has paid the honoraria to the speakers on behalf of Roche Diagnostics Ltd. The views and opinions of the speakers are not necessarily those of Roche Diagnostics Ltd or of MGP Ltd, Guidelines in Practice, its publisher, advisers, or advertisers.
Diagnostic Guidance supplement
- Atrial fibrillation and heart valve disease: self-monitoring coagulation status using point-of-care coagulometers (the CoaguChek XS system and the INRatio2 PT/INR monitor)
The production and printing of this Diagnostic Guidance supplement has been funded by Roche Diagnostics. Roche Diagnostics has reviewed this supplement for technical accuracy and regulatory compliance.
- NICE: Atrial fibrillation: the management of atrial fibrillation
- SIGN: Antithrombotics: indications and management
Guidelines in Practice articles
- Effective anticoagulation can prevent majority of AF-related strokes
- Dr Matt Fay, GP/Principal, Westcliffe Medical Centre, West Yorkshire Specialist Member of the Quality Standard Committee for QS93
- Poor anticoagulation rates in people with AF need to be addressed
- Dr Matt Fay, GP/Principal, Westcliffe Medical Centre, Shipley; Member of the Guideline Development Group for Clinical Guideline 180
- New guideline on AF will boost stroke prevention
- Dr Dipankar Dutta, Consultant Stroke Physician, Royal Hospital Gloucestershire
- Novel anticoagulants bring stroke prevention therapy to more people
- Dr Stavros Apostolakis, University of Birmingham Centre for Cardiovascular Sciences and SWBH NHS Trust, Birmingham and Professor Paulus Kirchhof, University of Birmingham Centre for Cardiovascular Sciences and SWBH NHS Trust, Birmingham; Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Münster, AFNET e.V., Münster Germany
NICE quality standard
- Atrial fibrillation
By clicking on this link you will leave the Guidelines in Practice website. MGP Ltd does not accept responsibility for the content of third party websites.