The House of Commons Health and Social Care Committee has published a comprehensive report on sexual health.
In response to its findings from research and feedback from questions posed during consultation, the report makes a number of recommendations, including:
- the development of a national sexual health strategy, including minimum spending requirements and national quality standards
- increased funding for sexually transmitted infection (STI) clinics
- improving consistency of cervical screening provision
- improved access to long-acting reversible contraception
- addressing inequitable access to HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis
- increased focus on prevention.