Quality standard on osteoporosis published by NICE
Published: 02 May 2017
NICE has published Quality Standard (QS) 149 on Osteoporosis.
The statements provided by NICE QS149 cover managing osteoporosis in people aged 18 years or over, including the assessment of risk and preventing fragility fractures. It is expected to contribute to improvements in the following outcomes:
- health-related quality of life for people with osteoporosis
- fragility fracture incidence
- mortality rates associated with fragility fractures
- admissions associated with fragility fractures.
Three of the Department of Health’s outcome frameworks are also expected to be supported:
- Adult social care outcomes framework 2015–16
- NHS outcomes framework 2016–17
- Public health outcomes framework for England, 2016–19.