Rituximab for the treatment of relapsed or refractory chronic lymphocytic leukaemia Summary:
- Rituximab, in combination with fludarabine and cyclophosphamide, is recommended as a possible treatment for people with relapsed or refractory chronic lymphocytic leukaemia except when:
- the patient has had rituximab before, unless
- in the context of a clinical trial, in combination with chemotherapy other than fludarabine and cyclophosphamide or
- in the context of a clinical trial, at a dose lower than the dose currently licensed for chronic lymphocytic leukaemia
- the condition is refractory to fludarabine (i.e. it did not respond to fludarabine before or it worsened within 6 months of treatment).