Information intended for healthcare professionals only. This formulary decision guide was commissioned by AstraZeneca UK Ltd, who had full editorial control, and was produced in a format developed by Guidelines in Practice.
- Symbicort pMDI 200 μg/6 μg per actuation, pressurised inhalation suspension, Symbicort Turbohaler 200 μg/6 μg per inhalation, inhalation powder inhaler and Symbicort Turbohaler 400 μg/12 μg per inhalation, inhalation powder inhaler are indicated in adults, aged 18 years and older, for the symptomatic treatment of patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) with FEV1 <70% predicted normal (post‑bronchodilator) and an exacerbation history despite regular bronchodilator therapy1–3
- Refer to the Summary of Product Characteristics for full details of indications and posology1–3
- Symbicort pMDI is to be used in the treatment of COPD and is not approved within the EU for the treatment of asthma. Symbicort pMDI is not to be used as a reliever medication, and consequently is not suitable for use as maintenance and reliever therapy (i.e. SMART)
- Symbicort pMDI can be used with or without a spacer. When a spacer is required, the AeroChamber Plus Flow Vu or AeroChamber Plus spacers are recommended
- Prescribing information can be found on page 2 of the formulary decision guide.
If the PDF does not load within 5 seconds, please refresh the page.
- AstraZeneca UK Limited. Symbicort, 200 micrograms/6 micrograms per actuation, pressurised inhalation, suspension—summary of product characteristics. www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/7223
- AstraZeneca UK Limited. Symbicort Turbohaler 200/6 inhalation powder—summary of product characteristics. www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/1327/smpc
- AstraZeneca UK Limited. Symbicort Turbohaler 400/12 inhalation powder—summary of product characteristics. www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/6775/smpc
GB-16048Date of preparation: March 2019
- PDF, Size 0.18 mb